Thursday, August 1, 2024

JD Vance Makes Dems REGRET Calling Him ‘Weird'

 

From The Washington Examiner:

Sen. J.D. Vance (R-OH) said he is the product of “strong women,” amid criticism from Democrats over past derivative remarks he made about “childless cat women.” At a rally in Reno, Nevada, Vance touched on his upbringing, mainly by his grandma. He used the story to implicitly counter allegations of sexism leveled by Democrats, who took issue with past comments he made about “childless cat women.”

“Now some of you know my story, and some of you don’t, but I grew up in a poor family,” he said. “I was raised by my grandmother. I called her Mamaw.”

“And I’ve been the beneficiary, I have to say, of a number of strong women in my life, especially my beautiful wife,” Vance added. “But I’ve lived the American dream because of those strong women, especially my grandmother,” he continued. “I was able to go and enlist in the Marine Corps, and go to school, and get a good job, and become a husband and father and all the things that I’ve dreamed of. In fact, I’m living it right now, getting to spend this wonderful evening with you fine people.” (Read more.)

Share

No comments: