Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Quotes from English Martyrs

From Stephanie Mann:
John Wall: It is an easy thing to run the blind way of liberty, but God deliver us from all broad, sweet ways.

Ralph Sherwin: I make no doubt of my future happiness, through Jesus Christ, in whose death, passion, and blood I only trust.

Charles Mahoney: Now Almighty God is pleased I should suffer this martyrdom. His Holy Name be praised since I die for my religion.

John Kemble: I die only for professing the old Roman Catholic religion, which first made this kingdom Christian.

George Haydock: I pray God that my blood may increase the Catholic faith in England.

(Read more.) Share

3 comments:

Stephanie A. Mann said...

Thank you for the link--that list of last words of the Catholic martyrs is so powerful!

elena maria vidal said...

It is!

Julygirl said...

Nowadays we cry out to God to make our life more convenient!