Thursday, February 1, 2024

Jane Austen Vibes

 An actress with exquisite taste. From Architectural Digest:

A home base on the East Coast was always in the script for actor-director Bryce Dallas Howard and her husband, actor Seth Gabel. “We love LA, but we associate it with work,” Howard says of their primary residence—a West Coast new-build, filled with entertainment industry memorabilia. While some might consider the eldest daughter of Academy Award–winning director Ron Howard Hollywood royalty, Howard calls the New York metropolitan area home.

“I grew up in Westchester County and Greenwich, Connecticut. My family is still there. I went to NYU, where my husband and I met and fell in love,” says the actor, whose latest role is in Argylle, out this week. In 2017, the couple purchased a 1930s stone home in a historic New York state hamlet, picturing holidays with nearby family and a routine out of the spotlight for their children.

Their meet-cute with the house sounds like the opening of a rom-com: The couple was open-house hopping when Gabel spotted the one. “He kept saying, ‘I want a house like that,’” Howard remembers. Days later, a real estate agent who’d noticed them in the neighborhood contacted them about the property before it hit the market.

“Later, we found out things that made us realize it was meant to be,” says Howard. First, there was the current owners’ running joke about Howard. “They were watching Chelsea Handler one night, and I was a guest. The wife, a designer, turned to her husband and commented on how perfect my coloring is for the house. And her husband was like, ‘Are you kidding me?’” the redhead laughs. (Read more.)



Share

No comments: