Friday, August 11, 2023

Norma Shearer’s Morning Routine

Norma Shearer as Marie Antoinette
 
From Do You Remember?:

Norma detailed her morning ritual in a 1929 interview with the Pittsburgh Press. “Before I get out of bed in the morning, I have a glass of hot water, and then I go through a five-minute set of exercises in bed,” she said. “These are stretching and bending exercises which awaken me and give me pep to start the day.”

 After her exercises, Norma took a cold shower— and on days when she was “very ambitious,” she went swimming, after which she got dressed and had breakfast. “I dress and go down for breakfast which is an old-fashioned one, orange juice first and then real Canadian porridge (the kind that is cooked the night before) toast and coffee,” she added. If Norma was so particular about how her day started, it must have had much to do with her health and well-being. For example, her light stretching is medically proven to activate the muscles, increase flexibility, reduce symptoms of depression and promote cardiovascular health by increasing heart rate variability, which is beneficial to the body and mind for the day ahead. (Read more.)


Share

No comments: