Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Now on Kindle and In Paperback

Madame Royale, a novel about the turbulent life of Marie-Antoinette's daughter, Marie-Thérèse, is now available as an ebook from Amazon and also in softcover. The period which follows the fall of Napoleon Bonaparte, called by historians "the Bourbon restoration" (1814-1830), was outwardly one of rest and peace for France. Yet beneath the surface, the forces of revolution were engaged in a ruthless duel for power with those of the reaction. At the center of the drama one woman, consumed by a quest for love and restoration, must struggle to survive amid deception and betrayal. A tale of murder, mystery and secret romance, the novel searches the conflicted heart of the orphaned princess who from childhood had been called "Madame Royale." To quote from the back cover of the second edition:
They say that the greatest story in History is the Truth and in Madame Royale, Elena Maria Vidal certainly proves that’s the case. The sights, sounds and smells of 19th-century Europe are all brilliantly captured in this immaculately researched and exquisite novel, which recalls the great writers and memoirists of the 1800's. It is an unforgettable portrait of a royal life torn between religion, politics, revolution, mystery, heartache and intrigue and Madame Royale is a fantastic tribute to one of Europe’s most tragic, but courageous princesses.
- Gareth Russell, author of The Audacity of Ideas and Popular
 Signed copies of Madame Royale and my other novels are available HERE.




Share

6 comments:

pacwp said...

Have you used the Kindle? My one of my twin daughters would like to have one the other, as she puts it: "Enjoys the feel of a good book in my hands."

What is your verdict of these book readers?

elena maria vidal said...

Patty, I have never used Kindle but many, many people seem to like it. I will always make sure my books are in traditional form since I, too, like the feel of a book in my hands.

Colleen Hammond said...

KUDOS!!! One of those things readers keep emailing me about, but I haven't done yet. BRAVO!!!!

elena maria vidal said...

Colleen, you will love having your book on Kindle. It is as easy as pie to get it on there. I sell more books on Kindle and the royalties per book are much higher.

ElaineMomNC said...

Please make this available on the nook and Sony Reader too please!

elena maria vidal said...

Tank you for the suggestion, Elaine! I will definitely look into it!