From Mark Judge at Hot Air:
ShareThe 2026 Anti-Communist Film Festival will take place October 1-4 at the Victims of Communism Museum in Washington, D.C. The headline film will be The Lives of Others, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary. Other films will be announced shortly. I’m hard at work promoting the festival, corresponding with filmmakers, and talking to would-be donors and friends.
I would, however, like to take a brief moment to acknowledge the ground troops and Hot Air readers who helped get this thing off the ground. If you’ll indulge me, I’d like to tell you a story about it.
Over a year ago I was taking a shower (as we all know this is where ideas happen) when I was hit with a thunderbolt: the Anti-Communist Film Festival. I worked in a movie theater in college and have long been a fan of film festivals (although maybe not all of them). Over the course of time, I began to accumulate a mental list of great anti-communist movies - On the Waterfront, Trial, Night People. Then God gave it to me: Why not show these great films all together? Why not have a film festival?
This is where grassroots people, many of them reading these words, helped make this happen. I launched a GoFundMe for the festival with the idea that if it did not gain traction, I would shut it down. It gained traction, and quickly. A major breakthrough came last November when I got a call from Eric Patterson at the Victims of Communism Foundation. They were offering to host the event. It was the breakthrough I needed. There can be no better people and no better place to have this party. (Read more.)


No comments:
Post a Comment