Friday, October 18, 2024

My Trips Down South

 From The Easton Gazette:

Perhaps it was the summers I spent in these hills as a child, visiting my grandparents, or the deep connection my family has to this land that stirred something within me. Or maybe it was simply the empathy I feel for others in times of crisis. After seeing heartbreaking videos of people suffering on social media, I knew I had to act. I picked up the phone and called Bob Grill with Disaster Aid USA to offer my help.

We met at DAUSA’s headquarters in Lanham, MD, and made a trip to Costco to stock up on much-needed supplies. With my Tahoe packed to the brim, I hit the road, heading south to North Carolina. After speaking with my grandfather and several cousins, I was able to connect with Pastor Joy Moss at Skyland United Methodist Church, where we began to coordinate our efforts. (Read more.)


Share

No comments: