Sunday, April 14, 2024

Rookie Cop Fired Unjustly

 From the NY Daily News:

A Westchester County rookie cop says he was fired for writing a ticket to a lawyer who tried to get out of it by giving him a police union courtesy card.

“It’s kind of mind-blowing,” Joseph Saetta told the Daily News. “I want my job back. I want my name cleared. “I did nothing wrong.”

Saetta’s lawyer Peter Brill filed a federal civil rights lawsuit last Friday that seeks damages on the former officer’s behalf. He also filed in state Supreme Court what under New York law is known as an Article 78 proceeding, which asks that the Westchester County Public Safety Department reverse its decision to dismiss Saetta.

“He basically was fired from his job for doing his job,” Brill said. “He apparently violated some unwritten rule that you can’t give a ticket to someone who flashes one of these cards.” (Read more.)

Share

No comments: