Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spring


NOTHING is so beautiful as spring --
When weeds, in wheels, shoot long and lovely and lush;

Thrush's eggs look little low heavens, and thrush

Through the echoing timber does so rinse and wring

The ear, it strikes like lightnings to hear him sing;

The glassy peartree leaves and blooms, they brush

The descending blue; that blue is all in a rush

With richness; the racing lambs too have fair their fling.

What is all this juice and all this joy?
A strain of the earth's sweet being in the beginning

In Eden garden. -- Have, get, before it cloy,

Before it cloud, Christ, lord, and sour with sinning,

Innocent mind and Mayday in girl and boy,

Most, O maid's child, thy choice and worthy the winning.

by Gerard Manley Hopkins Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. It is like finding your favourite movie, then sitting down with a box of chocolates as you enjoy every scene.

I feel the same when coming to your blog I just KNOW I am going to find something that delights my senses and also that challenges my concepts.

If only I could figure out the vote for best blog thingy and I'd vote for YOURS and Paula's.

Yours in Christ,

Marie

elena maria vidal said...

Thank you, Marie. Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

*sigh.. Gerard Manley Hopkins...
:-)
He is the West's Gibran. Ah, God is good.