Sunday, September 1, 2019

Hope in a Small Town

From Human Events:
Now, I am a 55-year-old man, but my wife says my best qualities are my ability to re-examine my priorities and start fresh if I need to. I began to read: I read people like Mollie Hemingway, Sean Davis—even Ben Shapiro. I began to see that they understood what I didn’t: America was still great, and could get even greater under Trump and these new conservative ideas. 
One thing that happens when you approach death is that you think about your legacy. You think about children and what kind of nation you want to leave behind for them. After eight years of hearing how America and Americans were deplorable, colonialists, and inherently unjust, I had become downtrodden. I had lost my pride. 
Now, I began to remember that America was always great. And like all great men, this nation had its flaws, sure, but it maintained a tried and true method to correct and better itself. These young warriors forced me to reflect, remember, and not be ashamed of being American. (Read more.)
Share

2 comments:

julygirl said...

Hordes of people continue to risk their lives to enter the USA so we must be doing something right. As President Trump said...if you don't like it here, go back to your own country! We become better people when we focus on what is right and good about ourselves.

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, exactly!