Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Heartbroken

A woman died trying to follow her Savior by showing mercy to the poor. From CBN:
Police are still looking for the suspects in the stabbing death of a woman in East Baltimore. Jacquelyn Smith, 52, was stabbed and killed early last Saturday when she rolled down her car window to help a woman holding what appeared to be a baby and a sign asking for help. Outrage over Smith's senseless murder has spread across the country....

Smith, an electrical engineer, and her husband, Keith, were driving in Baltimore around 12:30 am after a night of celebrating their daughter's 28th birthday party. The couple noticed a woman in need holding a sign that read, "Please help me feed my baby." When Smith, who was in the front passenger seat, rolled down her window to give money to the woman, an unknown man walked up to the car, reached inside and tried to steal her wallet. Police say there was a struggle and that's when the man pulled out a knife and stabbed Smith in the torso. He then ran away with the woman who had been holding the sign.  

"He snatched her necklace and before I knew it, the girl snatched the lil' pocketbook in the seat and they both ran," recalled Smith's husband. "I jumped out the car to run, but I heard my wife screaming. I came back to the car." (Read more.)
Share

No comments: