Saturday, December 9, 2023

Teachers Quitting En Masse Due to Student Violence

 From American Greatness:

Of all the public education employees who left the job last year, half were resignations; one-third of teachers who are still on the job say they’re likely to leave within the next two years. One example is Stacey Sawyer, a 55-year-old former 8th grade teacher who quit her job in Cape Coral, Florida last June, after 30 years on the job.

“It was getting to the point that it was scary. There were a few days that I was scared to go to school,” said Sawyer. “Even though I ran a really tight classroom, the disrespect just skyrocketed. Probably 75% of my time was dealing with discipline. The stress of it was just too much. I even hated just driving down the road to school. I didn’t want to go anymore.” (Read more.)

Share

No comments: