Saturday, February 11, 2023

The Necessity of Comparison

 From Melody Lyons at The Essential Mother:

October was full of surprises this year, which included seeing my name published in the infamous America Magazine. To my great relief, the article was critical of me, which is the only way I ever hope to appear in a dissident publication. I might have remained ignorant of the thing except for an email I received which linked the article. The message, from someone who profoundly disagrees with much of what I believe, read something like this:

You should humble yourself and apologize for the terrible things you write.

The email arrived while I was mid-sickness with the Fauci flu. Reading the chastisement through the fog of illness, I wondered, What the heck did I write? Such a relief to find, after a quick skim, that it was much ado about nothing. I returned to the more necessary task of breathing and didn’t look again at the article until December.

I hadn’t planned to respond at all, but there is merit in correcting lies which the author promotes using my name. And because her erroneous ideas are spreading like a virus through the Church, it is worth engaging. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: