Monday, November 4, 2019

Embrace Today

From Patti Maguire Armstrong at Catholic Lane:
"Don’t let the demons of yesterday ruin the blessings of today,” An exorcist once told me during an interview. Exorcists understand how the devil invades lives and steals away peace and holiness. They also know that the people they help have a past they would like to forget and a future that might loom large and intimidating before them. Simply wanting peace is no guarantee we will not walk around like a ball of regret, stress, and worry. Finding it is the challenge.

Since I hate stress and am also the mother of ten children, I do my best to eliminated it from my life.  At this point, the youngest is going to be a senior in high school and we now have 9 grandchildren. Oh, I know stress., whether it’s regrets, worry, or just a lot of commotion. Occasionally, I do have those middle of the night worry sessions, but for the most part, I work hard at eliminating stress. Here is how:

Go to Confession to settle up with God and restore friendship with him. You are sorry and God is merciful—a match made in heaven. “Only God can forgive sin. In imparting to his apostles his own power to forgive sins, the Lord also gives them the authority to reconcile sinners with the Church…. “I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven,” (CCC 1444). Everyone has regrets. For help to let go of any resistant guilt, consider that the ex-satanic priest Bartolos Longo, converted, lived a holy life and was beatified in 1980. No one’s  sins are bigger than God’s mercy. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: