Tuesday, September 18, 2007

St Joseph of Cupertino



Terry Nelson has a beautiful post on St. Joseph of Cupertino, a saint surrounded by mystical phenomena. Terry says:

How does one imitate a saint like Joseph of Cupertino? Or any other saint for that matter. It is true that we ought to imitate, or follow Christ alone, while the saints are presented to us as intercessors, helps and models for us who strive to live a Christian life. Though separated from us by the thin veil of our mortality, in their perfect union with God in heaven, they are more near to us - for the asking - than our closest friends. While their earthly lives may be emulated, although not necessarily in outward conduct, it seems to me that we do best to try to live according to their spirit. Share

3 comments:

Terry Nelson said...

Thanks Elena - I shortened the post, although you have the edited version. I was trying to say too much in the first installment. Thanks for the link.

elena maria vidal said...

You are welcome, Terry!

Brantigny said...

St Joseph Of Cupertino I the Patron Saint of helocopters. You know we Catholcs have a patron for everything. I am sure he was watching over me more than one time in my Marine Corps career. I was assigned to 3 different Marine Helo Squadrons in 22 years. I had 3 crashes, an engine explode over me and walked away from each.

Thank God.

de Brantigny