Wednesday, June 6, 2007

A Muslim Speaks

Zenit has "A Muslim Friend's Letter to Slain Father Ragheed." This is very moving. Here is an excerpt:


In the name of the compassionate and merciful God,

Ragheed, my brother,

I ask your forgiveness for not being with you when those criminals opened fire against you and your brothers. The bullets that have gone through your pure and innocent body have also gone through my heart and soul.

You were one of the first people I met when I arrived to Rome. We met in the halls of the Angelicum and we would drink our cappuccino in the university's cafeteria. You impressed me with your innocence, joy, your pure and tender smile that never left you. Share

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

So incredibly moving..."love covers a multitude of sins". This beautiful friendship transcended creed and culture. Lovely.

elena maria vidal said...

Kimberly, I thought so, too.