Monday, June 25, 2007

The Lamentable Music at Mass

Coffee Wife laments the loss of the sacred at Mass, especially the groovy music, in her own inimitable way. I could never fathom why, when the most beautiful music on earth was written for the liturgy of our church, we Catholics have to go to a concert to hear it, instead of hearing it at Mass. But all this has been going on for so long, it does not torment me as it did when I was younger. Now I tune everything out and beg God to save my soul and the souls of my family. Gregorian chant or Mozart at a Latin Mass would be a big help to my devotion, though. A big help. Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly agree. It is part of the dumbing down or protestantization of the Mass. I have a good friend who is a Lutheran and many years ago when this started happening in the RC Church she said, "Who would think that the day would come when one could experience more awe in the beauty of the Sacrament in an Episcopal Church than in a Catholic Church."

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, it has been like living through another Reformation.