Wednesday, June 27, 2007

July-August issue of Canticle Magazine



Order a copy if you can. My husband did the cover photography, as well as the pictures for the article I wrote called "Tea with Mary" about gardening, small children, and tea parties. There are some other really fantastic articles that made me laugh and cry, as well as think and pray. Johnnette and Heidi have put together an impressive team of solid Catholic writers.

I would like to add a "thank you" to Our Mother of Perpetual Help, whose feast is today.

As the vine I have brought forth a pleasant odour:
and my flowers are the fruit of honour and riches.
I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope.
In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.
Come over to me, all ye that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.
For my spirit is sweet above honey,
and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.
My memory is unto everlasting generations.
They that eat me, shall yet hunger: and they that drink me, shall yet thirst.
He that hearkeneth to me, shall not be confounded:
and they that work by me, shall not sin.
They that explain me shall have life everlasting.

(Ecclesiasticus 24:23-31)

Share

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that your daughter in the picture? What a precious little girl!

elena maria vidal said...

Thank you, she is precious and she lives in our neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

I cannot urge your readers heartily enough to subscribe to the magazine. It is mainly aimed at women, but is a treasure in any case.