Monday, July 7, 2008

Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel



The novena to Our Lady of Mt Carmel begins today. The Carmelite Scapular was given to the world as a symbol of the protection and help of the Holy Mother of God when no other help is available, particularly at the hour of death. As Our Lady stood at the foot of the Cross, she stands with the Church in the present ordeals; she stands with each of us. Let us pray for the Girard family, for the Christians in Iraq, and for all of our needs. Let us pray for all the children of the world, especially those who are in danger.

Here is the novena prayer:
O most beautiful Flower of Mt Carmel, fruitful vine, splendor of Heaven, Blessed Mother of the Son of God, Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this my necessity. O Star of the Sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary, Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart, to succor me in this my necessity, there are none that can withstand your power.

O show me herein you are my Mother.

Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us that have recourse to thee. (3 times)

Sweet Mother, I place this cause in your hands. (3 times) AMEN.
Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder, ME!!

love and prayers,
Gette

Terry Nelson said...

Yes indeed! Thanks for the reminder!