Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The New King and Queen of Denmark


 From Hello!:

Wiping away tears as the crowd cheered, Frederik delivered his first address as King, saying: "My mother, Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II has ruled Denmark for 52 years. For half a century, she has kept track of the times with our shared heritage as an outlet. She will forever be remembered as a regent beyond the ordinary. My mother has managed to walk in one with her kingdom.

"Today the throne goes on. My hope is to become a unifying king of tomorrow. It’s a task I’ve been approaching my whole life. It's a responsibility I take on with respect, pride and great joy. It's a deed I will do my best and carry through the confidence I encounter. I'm going to need all the support I can get from my beloved wife, from my family, from you and from that which is bigger than us. I face the future with the knowledge that I am not standing alone. United, bound, to the Kingdom of Denmark."

Queen Mary then joined her husband on the balcony, where the couple also shared a sweet kiss. According to Copenhagen magazine Billed Bladet, Mary chose to wear a dress designed by Soeren Le Schmidt and sewn by Birgit Hallstein. (Read more.)

Share

No comments: