Monday, July 31, 2017

King of Hate?

In spite of the glut of information on the internet, it seems many Americans are more ignorant and more uninformed than ever. The writer of this article in City Watch obviously knows nothing about Louis XVI, to whom he compares Trump as "a fat, foppish, little king." While Louis grew corpulent later in life he was a tall man and never foppish; he dressed simply. And I would not exactly describe Trump as any of those things either. To quote:
Watching Trump speak to the assembled Boy Scouts, the first thought that occurred to me was that he reminded me of a fat, foppish little king. A gone to seed Louis XVI. And then it hit me. That’s the core of his appeal to a lot of his fan base. As an American, I’ve always felt a native aversion to royalty. Or at least I thought it was an American trait. But maybe I’m an outlier. After all, you can’t walk through a supermarket checkout line without four different royals smiling at you from the front pages of the tabloids. It looks as if millions of Americans feel the need to be ruled by someone. And Trump fits the bill for now. (Read more.)
 Has it not occurred to the writer that perhaps millions of Americans do not feel the need to be "ruled" by someone as much as they feel the need for steady employment, affordable and quality healthcare, and safe neighborhoods? Perhaps the citizens who voted for Trump are motivated by the genuine issues of surviving from day-to-day and not by some deep subconscious Freudian need to be "ruled" by a monarch. And the word "hate" is so overused. I have watched many Trump rallies; while the hope, enthusiasm and patriotism are palpable, I have never been aware of any hatred, except on the part of the people who are there protesting Trump. The only hatred I have seen throughout the entire Trump phenomenon has been coming from Democrats and other lefties. 

Personally, I cannot muster feelings of hatred for people whom I have never met. I may find their actions repulsive or reprehensible but that does not automatically translate into hatred for a complete stranger. The people I have trouble not hating are those who have harmed someone I love. That is when hatred becomes an issue for me. But as far as hating anyone in the government or people I might disapprove of, the feelings of hate are just not there. I think when liberals use the word "hate" it is actually a misnomer. Knowing that conservatives or Christians might dislike or disapprove of certain behaviors creates discomfort in persons that are addicted to those behaviors and so they project their own feelings of self-hatred on to those whose disapproval they fear or resent. But hatred is not the motivating force behind those who voted for Trump and until the Left understands that they will never comprehend why so many Americans support The Donald. Share

2 comments:

julygirl said...

I agree totally. if anyone acted as if he were king that would be Obama. He was an elitist, did not relate to the common folk, even his own people who were far removed from HIS experience as a black man.

elena maria vidal said...

So true. Obama is the one who stirred up the interracial hatred.