Thursday, October 1, 2020

How Do I Surrender the Pain in My Heart?

 From Worth the Chase:

Maybe you are suffering from a broken heart, maybe your boyfriend or girlfriend cheated on you. Or maybe a trusted friend or relative has stabbed you in the back so to speak. The pain is raw and deep and you don’t want any pain or bitterness to consume you.

Another scenario is that you could be anxious about exam results, your situation at work or you are afflicted healthwise. How can you really surrender these situations to the Lord?

Sometimes we do not want to surrender because we feel unworthy of God’s love or feel we are doing too many mistakes in life. Maybe we feel that surrendering is too hard, and takes too much time and effort. Or maybe we are afraid of suffering.

Is there a magic formula one can use? How can one be sure that they have surrendered the problem, situation and pain to the Lord?

Sacred Scripture speaks of the importance of self- surrender. “Surrender yourself to the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Do not be preoccupied with an evildoer who succeeds in his way when he carries out his schemes.” Psalm 37:7-9 No, there is no magic formula. God is merely looking for the attitude of one’s heart. While it’s easy to say to Jesus, “Help me to trust in you” it’s so important and even harder to be more thorough.

It’s important to be real with the Lord. Pour out your heart to Him and so share what you are feeling to Him. Then say, “God, I have tried to deal with this, but I can’t do so anymore. I need your help. I need your strength. I need your grace. I place it at the foot of your cross. Please take this situation and use it for your glory.” (Read more.)

Share

No comments: