Sunday, January 6, 2013

Birthday of La Pucelle


The great feast of Epiphany coincides with the birthday of Saint Joan of Arc, who called herself La Pucelle, "The Maid." Here is a link to some of her most famous quotations, in addition to those included below.

Je me attens a Dieu, mon createur, de tout; je layme (l'ayme) de tout mon cuer.
"I place trust in God, my creator, in all things; I love Him with all my heart."

Je suis cy envoiée de par Dieu, le roy du ciel.
"I am sent here by God, the King of Heaven".

Je me attens a mon juge, cest (c'est) le roy du ciel et de la terre.
"I trust in my Judge, who is the King of Heaven and Earth".
Share

3 comments:

Jack B. said...

Joan of Arc is the one (documented) person in history whose real story and personality is more impressive than the legends about her. Even hard-bitten agnostics like Mark Twain and George Bernard Shaw loved her.

May said...

A very great saint, and a very unusual vocation.

Victoria Thorne said...

georgous illustration, beautiful quotations. so enjoy stopping by.