Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A New Series

For the many parents who are always looking for good books for their children to read, I would not hesitate to recommend a new series in junior fiction written by my cousin, Jennifer Lanthier. Published by Harper-Collins, the "Hazel Frump" mysteries are delightful, witty and entertaining. Of course, I would not expect anything less from a relative who from childhood has been as brilliant, lively and fun as she is beautiful. I spent one summer in the mid-seventies with Jennifer, her sister Kate and their family at their house in Kingston, Ontario. I will never forget the good times we had. Jennifer and I absconded with a toy castle with figurines belonging to her little brother. Combining our vivid imaginations we wove a medieval saga about a highly dysfunctional royal family, replete with characters who made the Plantagenets seem like "The Brady Bunch." When I saw Jennifer at a family gathering a few years ago, we laughed about our castle and so many other memories. Recently, I ran into Jennifer on Facebook; I did not even know she was writing novels, but am not at all surprised. I am so proud of her. May she be blessed with success! Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know about the series. Will keep them in mind. Thanks for passing that on. Obviously the talent for writing runs in the family.

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, I think we descended from some ancient Celtic bards....