Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cleaning House

It sounds like the new Archbishop of Baltimore is cleaning house. (Via Pewsitter) Having grown up in that archdiocese, I think I experienced every kind of liturgical innovation, while hearing any number of colorful heresies preached from the pulpit. (That is one of the reasons that I frequented a monastic chapel rather than parish churches while living in my hometown of Frederick, Maryland.) Many of the liturgical faux pas are just the tip of the ice berg. It is not that there are not any fervent priests in the Baltimore archdiocese; there are many. If Archbishop O'Brien is insisting on obedience to canon law and Church teaching, then it is a good thing. More HERE and HERE. (Thanks to Spirit Daily and A Conservative Blog for Peace) Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God that another bishop is cleaning up a mess.

I pray that our Holy Father gives us more faithful bishops who will continue this much needed purging.

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, I hope this is all part of a trend.

Anonymous said...

I grew up in the Archdiocese of Baltimore as well-- in a suburb of Baltimore.
May God bless the new Archbishop!

elena maria vidal said...

So then you know what I'm talking about!!