Thursday, November 8, 2007

Blessed Elizabeth of the Trinity



Today is her feast. As the Bride of Christ, she meditated on the Divine Indwelling. (More HERE.) In her own words:

O my beloved Christ, crucified for love, would that I might be for you a spouse of your heart! I would anoint you with glory, I would love you - even unto death! Yet I sense my frailty and ask you to adorn me with yourself; identify my soul with all the movements of your soul, submerge me, overwhelm. me, substitute yourself in me that my life may become but a reflection of your life. Come into me as Adorer, Redeemer and Saviour.


O Eternal Word, Word of my God, would that I might spend my life listening to you, would that I might be fully receptive to learn all from you; in all darkness, all loneliness, all weakness, may I ever keep my eyes fixed on you and abide under your great light; O my Beloved Star, fascinate me so that I may never be able to leave your radiance.

Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I correct in assuming she belonged to the Carmelite Order?

Anonymous said...

That has to be one of the most beautiful prayers of absolute love of Our Lord that I have ever seen! I was moved.

elena maria vidal said...

All Bl. Elizabeth's prayers are like that, and her writings and letters, too, so beautiful-- you would love her collected works, available from ICS Publications.