Friday, July 6, 2007

Vive MacDonald's!

McDonald's takes Paris. Via Lew Rockwell.

Actually, I must confess to having eaten at McDonald's several times while in France. When my husband and I were motoring through Languedoc and Auvergne on a budget, we twice stopped at a MacDonald's to save time and money. During the summer I spent in Lourdes, I went to MacDonald's every Friday for the shrimp salad. It was inexpensive but good, different from the Macdonald's over here. But usually, when in France, I would live on fruit, cheese and bread from the market, with wine or coffee to drink. For frugal travelers, there are many brasseries where one can get hearty soup or quiche for a few euros. Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long before Genevieve went to France we stopped going to Maccy D's.

I entertained her with stories of my Bohemian youth in the south of Italy, and instilled in her the need to only favor the local flavors. Fortune had it that she should go to school in one f the best wine producing areas of France, Anjou...

She took my words to heart and spent her money on wine, bread and cheese, and returned with a love of escargot.

MacDonalds in France! A republican plot! NEVER!

de Brantigny

elena maria vidal said...

A republican plot, indeed. Now you have me feeling guilty....


I love escargots, too.

Anonymous said...

If the MacDonalds here served that kind of food I would eat there too! Shrimp Salad?