Saturday, August 13, 2022

A Hobbit's Feast


From Rhubarb and Lavender:

In 1937 English author J.R.R. Tolkien published a short novel called The Hobbit and introduced generations of readers to the magic and splendour of Middle Earth. It would be almost twenty years later before Tolkien would publish his much longer novel, The Lord of the Rings, and change the landscape of fantasy fiction forever. Twenty years ago the release of The Lord of the Rings film trilogy would introduce this beloved story to an even wider audience and people everywhere would fall in love with the curious and charming halflings called hobbits.

My introduction to The Lord of the Rings came at a very young age when my father would read it to me before bed. I was almost too young to even remember the story but I do remember begging my father to keep reading. I have read The Lord of the Rings many times since then and seen the movies too many times to count (or admit to!) and my love for this story has only grown.

For all the other Tolkien fans out there, I offer this Hobbit’s feast – a culinary journey through the foods of Middle Earth. Whether it’s for an evening party or a full-day movie marathon (extended edition only!) I hope you will find inspiration here to bring the foods of Middle Earth to your table. (Read more.)

Share

No comments: