Saturday, January 7, 2012

More Photos from the New Flick

Les Adieux de la Reine is premiering in Europe on February 9 at the Berlin Film Festival. I do think Diane Kruger is well-cast as Marie-Antoinette, although I wonder about the production in general. The book itself is a bit slow and not the book about Marie-Antoinette that I would have chosen to make a film out of (naturally.)
 The picture is one we've been keeping an eye on for a while now. An adaptation of Chantal Thomas’ novel, the film sees Diane Kruger taking on the role Marie Antoinette with the beauitful Lea Seydoux (recently spied in "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol") as Sidonie Laborde, a reader to her royal majesty, in the story that is set during the final days of the French Revolution. The cast is rounded out by Virginie Ledoyen who stars as Marie's BFF, the Duchesse de Polignac. Last summer, some behind the scenes video gave us a first glimpse of the cast, but Belgian distributor Lumiere have the first official stills. And as you might expect, this looks promisingly sumptuous. (Read more.)
Share

4 comments:

Alexandriaweb said...

Oooh so much hair inspiration :D

May said...

Hmm...I wonder...somehow they make the Queen look hard.

Violet said...

I don`t think Diane Kriger will be a good Marie Antoinette.
She really isn`t the best actress out there, and I doub`ts she will be able to portray MA

Orchard Ville said...

Hmmm... I don't know if I like their choice of the actor to play Marie Antoinette but maybe because I like Marie Antoinette so much that I don't think any actor is fit to play as Marie Antoinette (except for Ute Lemper --- the one who played Marie Antoinette in L'Autrichienne). It's nice, though, that there are producers and directors who are interested in the story of Marie Antoinette. She will always be in the hearts of the people.