Friday, May 6, 2011

Caring About Your Appearance

Is it vanity? Betty Beguiles reflects on the virtues of maintaining one's appearance, saying:
No one wants to be around a woman who feels badly about herself. Who would I bless by being too tired or overweight to tend to my duties? What message would I be sending to my children? How effectively could I witness to the culture if I dragged my disheveled self around here, there and everywhere? And how would my husband feel if I never made an effort to dress up a bit for him? (Read More)
Share

2 comments:

Julygirl said...

Even animals groom themselves, so there is a line between vanity and good grooming.

El Jefe Maximo said...

I should pay more attention to my own than I do. The trouble is attention. . .usually my own brain is focused elsewhere.