Sunday, May 20, 2018

Royal Wedding, May 2018


The new Duchess of Sussex wearing Queen Mary's diamond bandeau

Here, and here are some pictures from the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. I thought the ceremony was beautiful and the gown was the loveliest and most modest I have seen in a long time. It was very 15th century and went with the gothic chapel where Edward IV and Elizabeth Woodville are buried, those lovers who defied convention in order to be married. And who can help but love Prince Harry. He reminds me of a Plantagenet. The music was heavenly; the full order of service is HERE. To watch the entire wedding, go HERE.

The Queen of England
Princess Charlotte with her family

Share

2 comments:

Susan, TOF said...

I heartily agree with you about Meghan's dress and demeanor. I hope this is the beginning of a trend to beautiful, modest, simple wedding attire, rather than the gowns which look like they belong to Vegas showgirls. She was absolutely radiant. It highlighted her serene beauty, and that of the splendid tiara.

Ms. Ragland, Meghan's mother, was beautiful and dignified. I admire her composure, and that she brought such comfort to her daughter. I think she and Meghan represented we Americans very well.

I *loved* the Gospel choir, especially their rendering of "Stand by Me", a cappella, and the outstanding gentleman who soloed. The cellist did a wonderful job, and to know he was only 19 made his performance even more memorable.

The Episcopal bishop who preached did a fine job, and preached the simple truth of Jesus's Gospel of love. His style may not have been what the British are accustomed to, but he definitely made an impression, and I don't think anyone's attention wandered!

I enjoy seeing young couples truly in love and so happy on their wedding day, especially this couple, bearing in mind the hurtful actions of Meghan's family. God bless them.

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, I agree, and I am glad you mentioned Meghan's mother, such a lovely and dignified lady.