Friday, August 28, 2015

Traveling to New Orleans

It has been ten years since Katrina and the Crescent City shines once more. From Southern Lady:
New Orleans arguably has more than its fair share of the best restaurants in the world. Choosing tonight’s dinner destination was difficult, but I went with my sentimental favorite, The Court of Two Sisters. Located in the historic Governor’s Row section of Royal Street, the restaurant features the Quarter’s largest courtyard and the best duck à l’orange I’ve ever tasted. I could have stayed all night under the canopy of trees trimmed in twinkling lights, listening to a soothing fountain serenade, but I had plans for music of a different beat.

I could hear the blare of a tenor sax a block away as the jazzy blend of reeds and strings poured out of the door of Preservation Hall. I took a seat and listened as the Preservation Hall Band treated the packed house to this unique brand of music so identifiable with the city. An hour or so later, I reluctantly called it a night and slipped back to the hotel to rest up for the following day’s full agenda. (Read more.)
Share

2 comments:

Dymphna said...

I've thought about going to NOLA but I was so disgusted by the people's conduct after Katrina (Houstonians have many horror stories about the "refugees") that I never will.

elena maria vidal said...

I can imagine.