Saturday, January 22, 2011

All is Vanity

The photography of Canadian artist Ingrid Mida is on display in Toronto, beginning today. In the words of the artist:
In this photographic series suggesting the haunted gardens of Versailles, I attempt to convey the journey and emotions of grief. Inspired by the work of Cindy Sherman, Sarah Moon and Deborah Turbeville, I have used soft focus, movement and filters to evoke a terrible kind of beauty. This series of ten black and white photographs pose the question of whether beauty and death are facets of the same experience.
Share

2 comments:

Ingrid Mida said...

Dear Elena,
Thanks for mentioning my show. There was a great turnout at the opening reception. I don't know if your cousins were there. If they were, they didn't introduce themselves.
Best wishes,
Ingrid

elena maria vidal said...

Oh, dear, I told them to introduce themselves to you! They must have been feeling shy! I would have loved to have been there!