Monday, December 31, 2007

The Queen's Maid

Here is an article about what it is like to serve Queen Elizabeth II.
Last week - after seeking permission from the Queen and Sir Alan Reid, Keeper of the Privy Purse, whom she looks upon as a mentor - Miss Kelly spoke for the first time about her role and her unwavering affection for her boss.

"I love the Queen and everything about her," she says. "I adore her - but then, so does everyone else. She is not 'my' Queen, she is everyone's and so I have to share her. Once she has chosen something to wear, I just want her to look good in it. I love seeing the faces of the public when they meet the Queen, and when she gives them that special smile. It makes me feel so proud of her.

Share

2 comments:

Brantigny said...

Of course the article doesn't fail to mention she is a ROMAN Catholic.
Since it's mention is not expounded on later in the article I wonder aloud at the meaning of it's inclusion. Will there be an upinarms revolt at Buckingham when the English people find out?

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, I saw that, too, very interesting.