Monday, December 10, 2007

Let it Glow



Cottage Living Magazine offers some ideas about decorating with Christmas lights. The photos reminded me of how my father would decorate the yard so beautifully with lights when he was still alive. The driveway of our house wound through the woods and Dad would string white lights all through the trees, so it would be like going through a glittering tunnel at night. There are so many little ways in which parents can make Christmas magical for children. Share

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that magazine, although i had to stop getting it and a couple others because it made me covet things too much...(couldn't give up "Victoria" though!

Terry Nelson said...

I get Cottage Living - I like that magazine.

elena maria vidal said...

I know exactly what you mean, Cordelia!

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is a magical season of light, and children carry their Christmas memories with them through life. And this year…’we need a little Christmas, right this very minute….’

elena maria vidal said...

Yes, Terry, I get a lot of ideas from it!

Yes, alaughland, we certainly do!

Anonymous said...

On a side note, I too receive Cottage Living, but I have not renewed my subscription. I noticed that in almost every issue they feature at least one home that is owned by a homosexual couple. I really don't want my money going to promote this lifestyle. I realize that they are showcasing the artistry in the home, but it really rubs me the wrong way. :( I'll try Victoria, instead.

elena maria vidal said...

Margaret, I did notice that in one issue, not in any others, but I take your word for it. I probably won't be renewing mine, either, when it runs out, since I do prefer Victoria.