Sunday, February 18, 2007

Thoughts on the Catholic Blog Awards

As many of you may know, there was a contest of "Catholic blogs" last week. I have no idea what the criteria was or who the people are who sponsored it. I never formally considered this a "Catholic" blog since I often deal with profane topics from history, novels, movies, and operas. I do approach such things from what is, hopefully, a Catholic point of view. (It is difficult to separate someone's outlook from their religious perspective, if that religion is sincere.)

At any rate, I was deeply touched to be told that some kind individual(s) had nominated me for the categories of "Best New Catholic Blog" and "Smartest Blog." I have not yet ascertained whether "smartest" in this case means "chic" or "intellectual." I do hope it means the former, since I am not a true intellectual; I am just a story-teller who enjoys historical research. Either way, I am truly complimented. I did not win; the people who won are the real intellectuals.

It is gratifying to see that people from all over the world are visiting here everyday, especially all of those readers from China. Welcome! I have made many new acquaintances through this site, as well as solidifying existing friendships. It is enough of a prize for a writer to know that they are being read. However, the nomination banners are down at the bottom of the sidebar. Thank you, I am grateful! Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elena,"smart" can also mean "flippant" as in "smart-aleck."

elena maria vidal said...

Oh, I forgot about THAT meaning....