Thursday, July 1, 2021

The Makings of a Career in Interior Design


 
A young father finds a way to support his family. From Apartment Therapy:

A little over 8 years ago, before my daughter, Ihlen, was born, I had my first official design job as an interior design assistant for a New York City-based architect/interior designer. Like many other soon to be parents, I was trying to wrap my head around decorating a nursery and how my wife and I would adapt our own apartment to welcome our child. I know this can be overwhelming, but honestly, I found the challenge very exciting.

Children bring a lot of creative freedom to the table, and I was inspired to think out of the box and try something different rather than feel limited.  For our tiny East Village apartment, I created a nursery nook with a hanging bassinet that grabbed the attention of Refinery 29 (which is similar to what I designed again for our son, Royal, in our most recent Brooklyn apartment below). (Read more.)

Share

1 comment:

Mindful Decors said...

I loved this topic about The Makings of a Career in Interior Design. I recently wrote a blog post about how to create a maximalist interior design for your home, and I think you might find it helpful. https://mindfuldecors.com/maximalist-interior-design/