Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Entertaining Secrets


 From Victoria:
Tucked away in the Great Smoky Mountains, author and interior designer Kathryn Greeley’s Chestnut Cottage reflects her philosophy that the best spaces are not decorated but collected. The cozy retreat, her home for more than three decades, often plays host to festive gatherings, from intimate dinners for four set before a blazing hearth to wine tastings and community events held in the property’s lovingly tended gardens. “Let your style be reflected in your entertaining,” Kathryn says. The seasoned hostess offers encouragement for welcoming guests with ease and confidence. Five years ago, I decided to act on my heart’s desire to write a book on entertaining and tabletop collections. In my interior design career, I have often been asked by clients to assist with their events. I love to cook and have always enjoyed doing floral arrangements—particularly using blossoms from our garden. My goal in writing this book was to inspire others to start collections, or use existing collections to design events for family and friends. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: