Tuesday, July 10, 2018

New Citizens

I admire the people who made sacrifices to become citizens LEGALLY just like my grandmother Magdalena. They respect our country and its laws. From Fox News:
At a naturalization ceremony in New Hampshire, 102 people hailing from 48 different countries became citizens before an audience that included the state’s two senators, Jeanne Shaheen and Maggie Hassan, and Gov. Chris Sununu. In New York, Karina Borbon, who arrived in the U.S. from the Dominican Republic ten years ago, explained how it felt to realize her dream. “I am so excited…It was a long journey but finally, I did it,” Borbon, 32, told the New York Daily News. “Now I have become a part of the nation. I want to help my community and help the people become citizens, too.” (Read more.)
Share

No comments: