Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Nurturing Heart

From LifeZette:
First of all, Mother’s Day makes me reflect on my job as a mother. While I enjoyed raising my kids, I made mistakes and some still haunt me. During regular weeks, I don’t think about them, but I do on this special day. Then, there are the expectations that come with the holiday. I hope my adult children will write me long letters telling me how happy they are with me and what an amazing job I did raising them. When they were young, I hoped my husband would prompt the kids to let me know how special I was to them. In reality, sometimes he even forgot it was Mother’s Day. So when flowers didn’t come or beautifully handwritten notes or pictures made didn’t appear, I did what most mothers do: I felt like a failure. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: