Monday, May 1, 2017

Ask the Expert: Top 5 Spring Decorating Ideas

From Victoria:
Spring is the season that celebrates fresh new beginnings; it’s a season filled with natural beauty and color. Once winter is over, I can’t wait to celebrate spring’s glorious return by infusing our home with the colors, shapes, and scents of the season. It is so rewarding to re-imagine and refresh our existing rooms by adding a few show-stopping accessories, or just rearranging some of the antiques that are already there.

Living in California, our garden bursts into bloom quite early, and I draw inspiration from Mother Nature. The garden is visible through large French windows in the living room, as well as in our master bedroom, and I let it take center stage in my decorating. I bring in lots of soft neutral colors of white, cream, and linen, with just a few colorful accents.

As an antiques dealer, I am always trying to incorporate heirlooms into our home’s design in new ways, so change is a constant. For spring, I edit my collections and display fewer pieces to freshen and lighten the look, like antique Limoges porcelains with pastel colors on a tea tray. Pillows in bright colors line our couch in the living room. I design simpler table settings with silver, china, and antique white table linens, so that my flower arrangements, and spring’s fresh foods, can really take center stage. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: