I am convinced we are in the throes of the greatest spiritual war of all times. Here is my assessment…Share
Within the Church, the intoxication of worldliness means indifference and complacency have laid hold of a multitude of souls, making them quick to scorn anyone sounding an alarm as too dark, too pessimistic and prophets of doom. Furthermore, anyone imploring the faithful to remain steadfast and loyal to Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition, is mocked as “rigid.” Why? We are presently passing through the most powerful rebellion ever – greater than the Arian heresy and the Protestant rebellion – of rampant relativism (fueled by ambiguous teaching leading to cafeteria Catholicism) and a “super-secularism” which moved at a lightning speed to remove any sense of the sacred in art, architecture and worship. In the wake of this devastating rebellion, the number of practicing Catholics has plummeted from nearly 80% to under 25% (5% in many parts of Europe), in just the past 50 years. And yet, one still wonders the percentage of those 25% of “practicing” Catholics who are truly devout and 100% orthodox (an unquantifiable number). Do I exaggerate? Is anything above “fake news”? (Read more.)
- More Christians have died for their faith in this past century than all other centuries of church history combined.
- Since 1973, 1,720,000,000 babies have been sacrificed on the altar of sexual hedonism.
- Sex outside of marriage has become the norm.
- Birth control is a way of life.
- Marriage has been redefined for the first time in civilization.
- Illegitimacy rates have soared.
- The divorce rate is at epidemic proportions.
- Sodomy and homosexuality are celebrated openly.
- Grown men must be allowed to share bathrooms with little girls.
- With the advent of high speed internet, scores of men, in particular, are now addicted to pornography and masturbation which, in their spiritual death, makes them incapable to serve in this spiritual warfare.
- Drug use and addiction has exploded.
- Islamic terrorism has erupted worldwide.
- Christian values and morals are disparaged as a “problem,” not a remedy in our culture, as religious freedom is under constant assault.
- Every major institution has been captured by the radical secular left … The media, Hollywood, TV, universities, public schools, theater, the arts, literature — they relentlessly promote the false gods of sexual hedonism and radical individualism.
- In this Information Age (television, internet, etc.), the anti-God indoctrination is, as never before, in hyperdrive.