Saturday, September 24, 2016

My Mother, My Inspiration

A lovely post from Chartreuse and Company:
Mother/daughter relationships can be tricky.  We all have countless girl friends still reeling from the scars inflicted by this basic relationship.  Let’s just say Emily and Lorelai Gilmore are not extraordinary.

That said, through some wonderful gift and happenstance, I have been blessed with a fabulous mother.  She’s a little bit Zsa Zsa Gabor, a little bit Scarlet O’Hara, and very much her own.  It’s from her that I get my passion for decorating, creating a home, excellent food from the best ingredients, and complete focus on my extraordinary daughters.  My mother was all of that.  And raised four girls who, even as adults, are amazed by her energy, her enthusiasm, and her excellent taste. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: