1) When critical thoughts slip into your mind, think about God tuning into your thoughts. How does it look to him? Consider how it pleases God if you strive to think kindly rather than critically of someone.Share
(2) “The measure with which you measure will be measured back to you” (Matthew 7:1). Love others, pray for them to make up for what is lacking and you will receive back from God in full measure.
(3) When your mind strays to critical thoughts, force yourself to come up with positive attributes about that person. "Make it a practice to judge persons and things in the most favorable light at all times and under all circumstances"— St. Vincent de Paul.
(4) If you are a parent, remember how much you love your own children faults and all, and imagine how much his parents love him. Or perhaps they didn’t love him, which would be tragic and bring out sympathy. In either case, it helps block negative feelings.
(5) Pray for anyone that irritates you and push the irritation out of your mind.
(6) Think of the person as a child of God. Remind yourself that God loves them as much as he loves you. (Read more.)