Saturday, January 30, 2016

Homemade Laundry Detergent

From The Parisienne Farmgirl:
I had just experimented with a new batch of homemade laundry detergent, the day was gloomy and gray and I had nothing else to share.  Truth be told I was kind of annoyed with myself for posting something so uninspiring as laundry detergent but… the feedback?  Geesh!  Ya’ll wanted my new recipe even with it’s super-lame-January-gray photo so here goes.

I learned how to make homemade laundry detergent back in the day of trying to get debt-free.  It was a horrid time for I think we were pretty much out of work too.  It was one chapter of many during our debt-free struggle where we were trying to do it under extreme financial stress.  This was one of those things that made me feel empowered.  Sadly, a few years later I got savvy to the horrible cancer causing chemicals in one of my original ingredients; Fels Naptha.  I mean that stuff cleans like the dickens, and it’s totally “old-timey” but wow.  I now use it for extreme oil based stains only.
It was time to tweak.

Here’s what you need for my new recipe.  I doubt it’s not all that different from most of the recipes out there but I gave it a test run yesterday on a white load and was very pleased. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: