Saturday, March 7, 2015

Carly Fiorina and the "War on Women"

I heard Carly Fiorina's speech at CPAC and am impressed, especially when she was asked about the "War on Women." To quote Maggie's Notebook:
I think our party needs to be as diverse as the nation we hope to represent. Women are now 53 percent of voters. As I like to tell some of my Democratic friends who like to talk about the War on Women, we are not a special interest group. We are the majority. (Read more.)
True. The term "War on Women" implies that the only issues women care about are birth control and abortion. It implies that all that matters to American females are the means to have sex without having a child. I think this view demeans women. The women I know care about feeding, clothing and educating their children. They care about the homeless and the hungry. They care about religion, self-improvement, health, politics, travel, books and investments. They care about all the things that men care about. I am tired of seeing women reduced to the sexual sphere as if that is the only thing that matters to us. 

Share

No comments: