Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Interview with James Patterson

A prolific and popular author discusses his success. From the Harvard Business Review:
I didn’t go to Harvard Business School. I’ve taken no business courses. I’ve taken no marketing courses. But I’m a creative problem solver. Often those two things, the creative and the analytical, don’t exist in the same body, so there aren’t enough of those people in business. But I think they need to be very high up in companies. That’s probably the main reason for my success. I am very creative: I have 500 pages of ideas for books. I couldn’t possibly do them all myself. And I have coauthors, none of whom had been very successful at solving the problem of writing a novel that was going to (a) get published, and (b) be successful, whether it’s terrific reviews or the best-seller list. (Read more.)
Share

No comments: