Saturday, July 26, 2014

Fertility Is Not a Disease

Young women explain why they choose not to use birth control. To quote:
As Catholics, we should know and understand that any form of contraception, even for “medical purposes” between a sexually active couple is never permitted. (http://www.catholic.com/tracts/birth-control.) Ironically, most all of these “pro birth control” articles have been written in response the Supreme Court ruling in the Hobby Lobby case, and most of them address birth control that was never included in the ruling to begin with. Several of us have decided to write a response to these articles, sharing some of the health risks associated with the use of birth control as well as other reasons we opt not to use it. We do not use birth control……
“Because I don’t need anything to control me, I can control myself.”
“Because I like my water without other people’s estrogen in it.”
“Because it perpetuates the objectification of women as worthless sexual objects, constantly at the disposal of men in our commodity driven culture.” (Read more.)
Share

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You can't use contraception "for medical reasons" (e.g. because a pregnancy might make you sick) but you can use the pill for medical reasons unrelated to contraception (e.g. to stop the formation of ovarian cysts, for heavy painful periods). I used the pill for these reasons when I was not sexually active partly to save my fertility for when I did marry.