The following rules of etiquette were posted by Catherine the Great at her Hermitage and are reprinted from the 2000 exhibition catalog of Treasures of Catherine the Great:
Share1. All ranks shall be left outside the doors,similarly hats, and particularly swords.
2. Orders of precedence and haughtiness,and anything of such like which might result from them,shall be left at the doors.
3. Be merry, but neither spoil nor break anything,nor indeed gnaw at anything.
4. Be seated, stand or walk as it best pleases you,regardless of others.
5. Speak with moderation and not too loudly,so that others present have not an earache or headache.
6. Argue without anger or passion.
7. Do not sigh or yawn, neither bore nor fatigue others.(Read entire post.)