Tuesday, April 24, 2012

When Atheists Judge You

Some insights from author Amanda Borenstadt.
When I was pregnant with my first child I was young, unmarried, and because I was so liberal, rather proud of myself. I had a feeling she would be a boy. Yes, she. I was totally wrong. But at the time, I was convinced she was a boy. I was in college at the time--literature major--and many of the professors were man-hating Christian-hating, loaded with "white guilt," liberals. My history professor was one of the worst. "White, Christian males are bad. They're responsible for all of the ills of the world." When you're hormonal, thinking you're carrying a white male in your belly, this is hard to take. My unborn baby had already been judged unfit. Maybe it was all of the tears I'd shed after that class, but the liberal scales started to fall from my eyes. These people who always said Christians were judgmental, well, weren't they being judgmental themselves? (Read entire post.)
Share

1 comment:

julygirl said...

I have discovered that as well....I always thought of myself as tolerant and accepting of many approaches and views that were not the same as mine, and was interested in hearing them, but I have noticed that Liberals in the political sense, are rather intolerant of any other views and not at all 'liberal'....but I might add, that seems to be the way of human nature, to believe that one has truth.